Welcome to Walnut Ridge
Premier Assisted Living and Memory Care in Walnut Cove, NC
Walnut Ridge is an Assisted Living and Memory Care community that is here to meet your every need in a place that will feel like home. Surrounded by the serene landscapes of Walnut Cove’s rolling hills and picturesque cliffs, you are just minutes from Winston-Salem. You will experience the luxury of intentional care and exciting area outings without losing the joys of social and physical activities in the community.
Download a Brochure
"*" indicates required fields
If you or someone you love is experiencing difficulty with any activities of daily living—such as cooking, cleaning, and personal care—Walnut Ridge is here to help.
Our compassionate caregiving experts work closely with residents and their families to develop care programs personalized to serve specific needs. By supporting individuals to their highest levels of independence, personal care plans ensure residents receive just the amount of care necessary to remain as independent as possible.
Liberated from home and yard maintenance, assisted living residents receive all the benefits of living at the community including the time to enjoy our calendar of daily activities and delicious restaurant-style dining.
If your loved one is experiencing Alzheimer’s or any stage of dementia, we are here to offer a haven for more attentional care.
Developed in close consultation with dementia care experts from across the country, our cutting-edge Pathways to Discovery memory care program is designed for residents to thrive regardless of cognitive impairment.
Our dedicated team receives special training in understanding and meeting the needs of those with memory loss so that every individual may find the care they need and the full value in life they always deserve. Combining innovative programming and activities with personalized, hands-on attention, you can rest assured the comfort and well-being of your loved one are our top priorities.
What we offer
- Comfortable and spacious room options that include full, handicapped-equipped bathrooms.
- Wireless emergency response system available in each apartment.
- Three restaurant-style meals served daily in our elegant and inviting dining room.
- 24-hour access to personalized care services.
- Diverse daily social activities planned by a full-time social director, including wellness programs, card clubs, and outings to area attractions, restaurants, and community events.
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services.
- Utilities (electricity, water, Wi-Fi) are included at no additional charge.
- In-house maintenance services.
- Seasonal menus designed by dietitians, personalized for individual needs.
- Transportation to professional services, such as to physician, dental, therapy, specialist and optometrist appointments.
Assisted Living starting at $4,175
Memory Care starting at $6,150
Meet our Executive Director
I am Aleta Shelton, Executive Director for Walnut Ridge Assisted Living in Walnut Cove, NC. I’ve been working in senior living for 2 years and my favorite thing about coming to work every day is getting to interact with our wonderful residents and families. I started out in the healthcare industry as a CNA in 2001. I worked for Baptist Hospital for the next 19 years in various roles. I was a CNA, CNAII, Mental Health Technician, and then worked my way through nursing school. I graduated in 2015 with my BSN from Winston Salem State University. My last nursing job was on an Acute Care for the Elderly unit. This is where my passion for senior living grew. I was inspired to work full-time in the industry and started my career as a Resident Care Consultant here at Walnut Ridge. I was able to grow and become an Executive Director and get my ED license this year. In my spare time, I enjoy concerts, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my friends and family. I’ve been the ED at Walnut Ridge for a year and look forward to meeting you when you come tour our great community!
Schedule a Tour of our beautiful community…