Welcome to Forest Ridge
Premier Assisted Living and Memory Care in West Jefferson, NC
Forest Ridge is an Assisted Living and Memory Care community that is here to meet your every need in a place that will feel like home. Settled on a hill at the base of Mount Jefferson, residents enjoy the picturesque view of the finest scenery Ashe County has to offer. Just minutes from area churches, shopping and medical care, you will experience the luxury of intentional care and exciting area outings without losing the joys of social and physical activities in the community.
Download a Brochure
If you or someone you love is experiencing difficulty with any activities of daily living—such as cooking, cleaning, and personal care—Forest Ridge is here to help.
Our compassionate caregiving experts work closely with residents and their families to develop care programs personalized to serve specific needs. By supporting individuals to their highest levels of independence, personal care plans ensure residents receive just the amount of care necessary to remain as independent as possible.
Liberated from home and yard maintenance, assisted living residents receive all the benefits of living at Forest Ridge, including the time to enjoy our calendar of daily activities, on-site physical therapy through Agelity and delicious restaurant-style dining.
If your loved one is experiencing Alzheimer’s or any stage of dementia, we are here to offer a haven for more attentional care.
Developed in close consultation with dementia care experts from across the country, our cutting-edge Pathways to Discovery memory care program is designed for residents to thrive regardless of cognitive impairment.
Our dedicated team receives special training in understanding and meeting the needs of those with memory loss so that every individual may find the care they need and the full value in life they always deserve. Combining innovative programming and activities with personalized, hands-on attention, you can rest assured the comfort and well-being of your loved one are our top priorities.
What we offer
- Comfortable and spacious room options that include full, handicapped-equipped bathrooms.
- Wireless emergency response system available in each apartment.
- Three restaurant-style meals served daily in our elegant and inviting dining room.
- 24-hour access to personalized care services.
- Diverse daily social activities planned by a full-time social director, including wellness programs, card clubs, and outings to area attractions, restaurants, and community events.
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services.
- Utilities (electricity, water, Wi-Fi) are included at no additional charge.
- In-house maintenance services.
- Seasonal menus designed by dietitians, personalized for individual needs.
- Transportation to professional services, such as to physician, dental, therapy, specialist and optometrist appointments.
Assisted Living starting at $3,595
Memory Care starting at $4,845
Meet our Executive Director
Hello, I am Josh Sturgill, Executive Director at Forest Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care. I have been the ED at FR since December of 2021, following a 7-year career as both a Hospice and Hospital Social Worker. Throughout these years I have always been passionate about providing optimal care for the aging community and am honored to be able to transition in the Senior Living world.
My favorite part of the position so far is interacting and sharing stories with the residents at our community. Each person has such a unique and enriching story to tell, and I feel fortunate to work in an environment that can help enrich their lives. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my wife Paige and our sweet daughter Lily. We are lifelong residents of Ashe County and spend our summers kayaking, camping, and enjoying the atmosphere of our small mountain town.
I look forward to meeting anyone that would like to visit Forest Ridge and learn more about us!
Schedule a Tour of our beautiful community…