The fear of losing independence is one of the most common among seniors. For many, assisted living is seen as a tipping point to that loss, while remaining at home is a way to age on your own terms. But that’s not really true in either sense. In fact, there are a number of ways in which assisted living communities help support independence that are hard to find at home, without quite a bit of effort at least! Check out these benefits of assisted living.
Assisted Living in Detail
Assisted living is a type of senior living that offers housing, onsite care and support with daily activities such as bathing, dressing and medication assistance. In our assisted living communities, you can typically expect:
- Comfortable, spacious apartments in a range of floor plans
- 24/7 onsite personal care staff and emergency response system
- Personalized care plans
- Restaurant-style dining with seasonal menus
- Bistro café
- Cinema-style movie theater
- Game room
- Art studio
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
- 24-hour fitness center
- Full-service beauty salon
- A full calendar of events and activities
- Scheduled transportation
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- Pet friendly
Benefits of Assisted Living versus Home
Seniors and their families are often pleasantly surprised by the active lifestyle in assisted living and soon realize it’s not only a supportive environment but also an enriching one with benefits that include:
- Independence through Assistance – Our communities feature personalized care plans with staff available round the clock so residents have as much or as little support as they need to thrive. It’s a balance that truly promotes independence and may even help you feel more empowered not having to call family, friends and neighbors for help like you would at home.
- Less Stress – Residents no longer have to worry about keeping up with home or yard maintenance, housekeeping, laundry or cooking because we take care of all that for you, so you can focus on making the most of life instead.
- More Convenience – Here, just about everything is right outside your door with amenities like a fitness center, restaurant-style dining, a full-service salon, theater, art studio and game room. And for anything else you may need or want; our scheduled transportation services are available.
- More to Enjoy – At home, opportunities to socialize and stay active can be hard to come by, and may be difficult to get to as well. In our assisted living communities, those opportunities come to you in abundance with a rich activities calendar that features social events, fitness programs, scheduled activities, classes, entertainment, outings, religious services and volunteer opportunities.
- Peace of Mind – While you may have to modify your home to improve safety or to accommodate mobility challenges, our assisted living communities are already designed with these things in mind. Not to mention with emergency response systems and support always at hand, you can feel safe and secure. Many communities also have multiple levels of care on the same campus for added peace of mind.